Cow Facts for Kids
Facts from the Hampshire County Cattle Club
1. Cows came to America in 1611.
2.Dairy & Beef cattle have their first calf when they turn 2
3. A dairy cow produces about 10 gallons of milk every day.
4. Cows drink 20-40 gallons of water every day.
5. Big Bertha, the oldest cow to ever live, lived until she was 48!
6. A mature cow has 32 teeth, but no front top teeth.
7. Milk is 87% water.
8. It takes 12 pounds of milk to make 1 gallon of ice cream.
9. Beef cows also produce milk, but only for their calves, not human consumption.
10. Cows do not bite grass, they wrap their tongue around it.